YOUR LINK TO FORT BEND COUNTY
The Community Resources Division will focus on forming effective partnerships and collaborations to offer a positive impact within the community of Fort Bend. As a catalyst for community excellence, the division will research, identify and implement programming to inform and educate the community-at-large on issues impacting the quality of life for the community.
We are accepting applications for the Excellence for Nonprofit Leadership (ENL) Class of 2021. ENL is an intense eight-session course designed to enhance the knowledge and skill sets of senior staff, board members and engaged community members leading nonprofit organizations. Presented by Fort Bend Forward of the Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce and funded by The George Foundation, the ENL program provides the necessary knowledge to boost your organizations' capacity and performance while building a peer network of professionals working toward a common goal of serving Fort Bend County. Click here to review the application and schedule. Sessions in 2020 will be held via Zoom 9 am - 11 am and 12 pm - 2 pm. Sessions in 2021 will be held in-person should local regulations permit. Participants may only miss one session or four hours to complete the program.
- Continue to encourage participation of the Chamber community in the training program to promote excellence among members of Boards of Directors and Staff of the nonprofit sector.
- Act as a liaison to identify participants to assist in establishing communication and collaboration for various Fort Bend initiatives impacting the quality of life.
- Host education seminars, programs and workshops on topics of value to Fort Bend business and nonprofit sector.
- Enhance the student-driven Youth in Philanthropy program by developing a partnership with the nonprofit sector, local school districts, and community volunteers to communicate and encourage youth in their role in building a quality community for all ages.
- To bring the diversity of Fort Bend County to the forefront by engaging the general membership in developing new workshops and special presentations to establish and nurture meaningful relationships for all community stakeholders.
- To continue to seek continuing education opportunities that can impact the quality of life issues critical to the success of the community.
Text FBCC to 25324 for reminders on Network Nites & Bites, ribbon cuttings and ground breakings.
Sign up for Emails!
Sign up to receive emails to stay informed and up-to-date on all Fort Bend Chamber news and events. We'll send timely information about one of America's most dynamic and fastest-growing counties, where success is just around the Bend.