YOUR LINK TO FORT BEND COUNTY
The Governmental Relations Division provides Chamber members with access to local, state and federal officials, promotes the understanding of current legislative issues and gives its membership the opportunity for input.
This division also provides a forum for discussion of relevant legislative matters, updates on key legislation, and provides leadership on legislation which is important to its members.
During election years, the division conducts community candidate forums for municipal, primary, secondary and higher education, county, state and federal elections that provide a fair and unbiased opportunity for members to understand the qualifications and positions of the candidates as well as the key issues affecting an election.
- Identify and provide information on legislative issues affecting Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce membership.
- Communicate priority positions identified by membership to elected officials.
- Provide a resource for grassroots interaction between membership and elected officials.
- Conduct candidate forums for local, county and state-wide elections.
- Facilitate opportunities for elected officials to provide updates to business and the community.
For more information regarding the Governmental Relations Division, please contact:
Rebekah Beltran at [email protected] or 281-566-2158.
Keep Up-to-Date with what is going on in Fort Bend County by visiting FortBendChamberVotes.com. This advocacy platform provides relevant information and serves as a vehicle for grassroots participation and connection to your elected officials. Within these pages, you will find news and tracking on state and Federal issues, voter resources, how to take action and our public policy guide.